LAURA SANDOR, M.A., M.Ed.
Special Affiliate, Canadian Psychological Association
Verified Listed Therapist, "Psychology Today"
Certified Anger Management Specialist (CAMS-I)
Member, National Anger Management Association (NAMA)
Verified Listed Therapist, "Affordable Therapy Network of Toronto"
Domestic Violence Specialist
ABOUT THE THERAPIST:
I have been a one-on-one advisor for couples that are married or in relationships, and have helped my clients effectively solve relationship problems, anger management, depression, and many other personal or family issues, for over 25 years.
My extensive Domestic Violence Counselling background includes domestic abuse, spousal abuse, and intimate partner violence.
I hold an M.A. and M.Ed. in Counselling Psychology. I can help you change a negative and seemingly hopeless situation into a positive one that will bring confidence, greater peace of mind and enjoyment of life again.
** EXPERIENCE working directly with a Toronto Institute specializing in ADDICTIVE & ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR.
** VOLUNTEER: CAMH (The Toronto Centre for Addiction and Mental Health). Work with individuals with DEPRESSION & BIPOLAR DISORDER.
** 40 YEARS Highly-Successful Teaching Career (Elementary through University).
I will help you draw on your own problem-solving strengths to get to the core of the issue that concerns you. I will propose simple and positive steps to help turn unpleasant situations around. Together, we can create short-term solutions with long-term results that lead to happiness.
Anger Management Counselling
Domestic Violence Counselling
Intimate Partner Violence Counselling
Job Stress Counselling
Life Changes Counselling
Marriage & Relationship Counselling
Mental Health Counselling
Spousal Abuse Counselling
ONTARIO COURT-ORDERED ANGER MANAGEMENT PROGRAM:
In order to meet Ontario Anger Management Program Requirements, upon successful completion you will receive:
* Anger Management Program Completion Certificate
* Letter of Completion from your Counsellor
ANGER MANAGEMENT PROGRAM MODULES:
* Module 1: Defining Anger & Anger Logs
* Module 2: Psychological & Physiological Aspects of Anger
* Module 3: Anger Awareness & Anger Triggers
* Module 4: Emotional Intelligence
* Module 5: Calming Exercises
* Module 6: Anger & Shame
* Module 7: Taking Responsibility & Accountability For Own Action
* Module 8: Relationship & Conflict Resolution
* Module 9: Developing an Anger Management Life Practice
* Module 10: Relapse Strategies & a New Beginning
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE THERAPY:
* 13 and 26 Session Programs Available
ONTARIO "PARS" PROGRAM:
* PARS (also known as “PAR”) is a Domestic Abuse course approved by The Ontario Courts.
* It fulfills requirements for Court-ordered "Early Intervention" or "Alternative Early Intervention" Counselling.
Convenient Day, Evening, Saturday & Sunday Appointments.
Counselling is AVAILABLE AT MY OFFICE or via TELEPHONE or VIDEO
3300 Don Mills Road (Finch and Don Mills), Toronto, Ontario M2J 4X7
JUST $50 FOR YOUR FIRST 1 HOUR APPOINTMENT.
I CAN ALSO MEET YOU at a convenient location NEAR YOUR HOME OR WORK LOCATION.
AFFORDABLE TELEPHONE and VIDEO SESSIONS are also available to REDUCE THE COST and avoid the need to travel.
Cash, Interac, Visa & MasterCard payment